Student environmental activist Jordan Crook visited the community nursery on Sunday 21 October 2018. Jordan explained his policy platform as including:
- State government to subsidise land owners to remove pest plants and animals from private land
- Keep public land for public use, not private gain
- Stop wood chipping native forests and Melbourne water catchments and protect Leadbeaters Possum and other endangered forest dependent species
- Transition timber harvesting from old growth forest to a plantation based industry
- Develop and fund a Dandenong Ranges pest plant and animal strategy across private and public land
- That the government commit to real action to reverse the human impact on global warming while maximising protection of human and non human life
Candidate Jordan Crook meets Garrique Pergl of the Southern Dandenongs Community Nursery.
Good luck to Jordan for the state election on Saturday 24 November 2018 in the lower house seat of Monbulk from members of the Southern Dandenongs Community Nursery.
For more information or if you want to assist Jordan at the election like his page on Facebook or email him at email@example.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.